It’s the Holiday season, and that means a lot to all of us in terms of trying not to break our bank accounts.
You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you. -Dave Ramsey
So, here I have put together ten ways to help you spend less this Holiday Season.
- Don’t be tricked by the idea of BUY 1 GET 1 50% OFF. The price of one item plus half the price of the other item equal price of two. Discount is 0%
- Subscribe to your grocery store weekly deals flyer: it’s free and you get the best deals right on your phone every week. How cool?
- Make your food at home. Bring your lunch to work.
- Negotiate and shop around for the best price when making big purchase
- Don’t just buy something because it’s cheap, buy QUALITY stuff: the longer it will last the better
The art of living easily as to money is to pitch your scale of living one degree below your means. -Sir Henry Taylor
- Don’t pay for shipping. Search online for FREE holiday shipping
- Don’t buy gifts you can’t afford: Meaning, don’t borrow to buy gifts
- ALWAYS use discount code when shopping online. You can find thousands of these codes online for FREE
- Avoid instant gratification. Wait 30 days, if you still need that something then, you can buy it (Applicable to everyday items only: Not Christmas gifts)
- ALWAYS BUY ON SALE!!!!